May 19th, 2015:
I wanted to provide an awareness for rest stop options on the new routes. There's been some minor confusion where the best locations are to stop and hopefully this will provide solid options to assist you with that. But by no means do you have to stop at these identified rest stops.
But before that, I would like to provide to you a reminder of the route options and colors associated with each route (Key Note* The bold highlighted section is the route selection for the annual spring membership ride. There will be a 25 mile route option for that day as well):
Justin - FCC Ride Captain
- YMCA Ride
- Option A: Left on Massaponax Church Road -
- 20 Mile Route;
- 34 Mile Route; and
- 50 Mile Route.
- Option B: Right on Massaponax Church Road & Left on Courthouse Road -
- 41 Mile Route (Currently Blue Arrows but will change); and
- 51 Mile Route (Currently Red Arrows but will change).
- Option C: Right on Massaponax Church Road & Right on Courthouse Road -
- 35 Mile Route - Blue Arrows;
- 40 Mile Route - Green Arrows;
- 50 Mile Route - Yellow Arrows; and
- 60 Mile Route - Red Arrows.
- Gazebo/Bistro Ride
- 25 Mile Route - Blue Arrows;
- 30 Mile Route - Green Arrows;
- 40 Mile Route - Yellow Arrows; and
- 50 Mile Route - Red Arrows.
- Gazebo Ride and Option C from YMCA
- First Rest Stop - Pentecostal Evangelical Church; Intersection of Robert E. Lee Dr. and West Catharpin Road.
- Second Rest Stop - Convenient Store/Gas Station; Intersection of West Catharpin Road and Post Oak Road.
- Third Rest Stop - Intersection of Stubbs Bridge Road and Post Oak Road (Mainly for longer rides 40+);
- Fourth Rest Stop - All routes turn on Seays Road (Left hand turn off Post Oak Road), however just up on the hill past Seays Road is another Convenient Store (Wonderful owner and has AC!). This is also going to be the second rest stop on the spring membership ride so you'll become familiar with it on May 30th.